CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Excuses Excuses...

I have decided that I am fed up with not posting anything on here. I do have good excuses though! ;) I am currently living out of my brother's one bedroom apartment in the middle of Arlington, VA (Washington D.C. area).

Chris and I left California in the middle of July in order to look for jobs in areas that we would want to live. We went to Missouri to visit family and were determined to get a job either on the East Coast, Texas or in Colorado. A month after being in Missouri, we realized that we were mostly focusing on jobs on the East Coast, and that we were not going to be able to go to any interviews from Missouri. Plus there are job fairs out here so we could go to those as well.

We packed 1 suitcase full of clothes, resumes and books and drove to Arlington, staying overnight right by Colt's Stadium in Indianapolis.

My brother Colt is currently training for his November deployment, so we are staying in his apartment without him. :( He lives in a huge apartment building right across the street from a mall. I haven't done the big city life thing for a while, since Stockholm in 2004, so it has been interesting relearning the metro and getting used to walking everywhere! I am not complaining though, I am enjoying getting out and walking and exploring! Plus how can anyone complain being so close to the Smithsonian Museums! LOVE THEM!

Anyways, the whole reason I am writing all of this is as a way to explain my lack of scrapbooking/blogging. I have not scrapbooked a thing since leaving California. I left
all of my supplies in Missouri with the rest of our household, which is currently residing at my in-laws...I think they are just as anxious for us to find a place as we are so they can get our ugly boxes out of their beautiful home! So...I am chomping at the bit to scrapbook and post and do fun things...but it is just not happening currently!

Thank goodness I have some fabulous scrapbook blogs to look at to give me some peace of mind...although it just starts the creative ideas going and leaves them hanging! ;) I can't wait to get into "OUR" place, and at least get a tiny scrapbook space so I can start doing SOMETHING about all of this! ;) Not only do I want to scrapbook, but I want to decorate, garden, repaint walls, learn to sew and hopefully take some cooking classes and photography classes!

ALSO...I am REALLY waiting for Christmas (hopefully we will have jobs=money by then) so Chris and I can get our Christmas present....A NEW CAMERA, not just a little quick click but one that takes beautiful, lively, brillant pictures! I CAN'T WAIT! :) But we will just have to wait and see if Santa can afford it!! ; )

So, enough of my rambling...just wanted to post my excuses online for being the worst "scrapbook" blogger in history! ;) What kind of a scrapbook blog doesn't have scrapbook pages?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! I'm so glad to see you post again! I didn't know you left California. Best of luck to you and hubby on the job and new home search! Have fun! Can't wait to see where you make your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley- You are doing some awesome "life" journaling!!! Most people don't do the writing/journaling like you...a great talent:) So... take a few clicks on the camera and you will have your moving, transitions scrapbook. You will have the journaling already done with pics when the boxes of papers and supplies get unpacked!!!
    Love You!!!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete